Lead Abatement, Inspection and Risk Assessment
Lead-based paint is serious business.? Lead inspections and lead risk assessments are useful first steps, which can lead to more thoughtful decisions on managing lead-based paint and lead hazards.
Lead abatement is an activity designed to permanently eliminate lead-based paint hazards. Abatement is sometimes ordered by a state or local government, and can involve specialized techniques not typical of most residential contractors.
EPA requires individuals and firms who perform abatement projects in pre-1978 target housing and child-occupied facilities to be certified and follow specific work practices.
Learn more about lead abatement, inspection and risk assessment:?
- Homeowners and Renters
- Abatement Contractors, Inspectors, Risk Assessors and Project Designers
- Training Providers
- Read about the lead-based paint regulations
- Find a risk assessment, inspection or abatement?firm
- Find an accredited risk assessment, inspection or abatement?training program
- Find an accredited laboratory for analyzing paint chip, dust?and soil samples
Abatement vs. RRP?
- Confused about the difference between abatement and RRP? Read more.